Community Foundation for Eagle Peak
Chief Financial Officer
CFEP is a 501.c3 supporting non-profit corporation whose purpose is to generate funding, grants, and investment on behalf of Eagle Peak Montessori School, a non-profit charter Montessori school in the Mount Diablo Unified School District, Walnut Creek, California. CFEP also provides direct funding for programs which are not covered by the State and District funding programs, such as Art, Music, and Environmental Education.
CFEP currently supports a growing school population of 200+ students, 30+ staff, and 1 location. Our website, www.cfep.us, provides more information on our programs.
As a listed Officer of the corporation, reporting to the President of the Board, the Chief Financial Officer will define the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth over the next 2 to 5 years. She or he will continue to build and manage effective processes and practices as suitable for a supporting non-profit like CFEP.
As a member of the board officers, the CFO will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and execution, as well as planning for CFEP and EPMS’ campus expansion to support a growing student population. The CFO position provides leadership to our accounting team, and is the primary driver for financial planning, investments, and AR/AP processes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Review and approve preparation and finalization of monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for CFEP’s board of directors, to be presented by the President to the EPMS board of directors as per our MOU.
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed expansions.
- Manage one part-time accounting administrator; hire and retain support staff as needed in the future.
- Coordinate all audit activities.
- Work with the board of directors on producing our public facing annual report.
Work with Donations Director & Board
- Work collaboratively to develop a donations tracking and reporting process to accurately allow direct marketing and donation activity from our community & potential corporate/business sponsors.
- Help develop metrics around annual CFEP activities, such as the Auction, to better inform decisions, budgets, and spend.
The CFO should have at least five to eight years of professional experience, including managing the finance and administration of a dynamic $1 million to $2 million organization (preference given to nonprofit experience). She or he should have a proven background in thinking outside of the box, while ensuring CFEP follows well established non-profit standards. The CFO should be comfortable working with outside counsel & audit firms to help CFEP meet its reporting criteria.
Our ideal CFO should have the following experience and attributes:
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector
- Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting
- Technologically savvy is a plus, with detailed experience in quickbooks, or other bookkeeping systems.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to CFEP and EPMS’ missions.
For more information or to express interest in joining our passionate board, please reach out to email@example.com