CFEP is a 501.c3 supporting non-profit corporation whose purpose is to generate funding, grants, and investment on behalf of Eagle Peak Montessori School, a non-profit charter Montessori school in the Mount Diablo Unified School District, Walnut Creek, California. CFEP also provides direct funding for programs which are not covered by the State and District funding programs, such as Art, Music, and Environmental Education.
CFEP currently supports a growing school population of 200+ students, 30+ staff, and 1 location. Our website, www.cfep.us, provides more information on our programs.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Marketing Director will work to develop a core brand identity for CFEP, including marketing material, website design, communications plans, donor sites/portals, etc. You will work to create new campaigns for direct marketing to different donor populations, using technology and building process to help us meet our program sustainability goals. The Marketing Director will be responsible for communications with our external partners, sponsors, donors, and community at large. Working with the Board of Directors, and specifically the Donations Director, the Marketing Director will drive the consistent messaging and donation programs to help CFEP meet its charter and MOU.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with the board on developing a comprehensive brand image for CFEP.
- Fulfill main marketing role and help spread a marketing culture within the non-profit and our community
- Work with the board to analyze revenue efficiency and the churn of the donor portfolio with Donations Director.
- Ensure all external communication pieces contain a consistent brand image.
- New revenue-generating ideas: work with board on approving and implementing new approaches in communications, donations, and partnerships.
- Work with Donations Director to identify and drive donor research needs (shadow fundraisers to get ideas for new promotional items for donors, meet with clients to understand obstacles in the industry)
- Liaise with external suppliers (ad agencies, production houses, etc)
- Review of similar nonprofits (compare similar offerings to clients, any gaps unfulfilled in market)
- Product management experience in the for-profit sector
- Project management skills
- Experience with all forms of media and publicity
- Ability to find inexpensive solutions to problems
- Technology friendly
- Website development experience, or directing external developers towards a vision and managing deployments & ongoing support.